in the assembly of foreign vehicles.
HOLKA DKW – Altstätten SG
Ernst Göhner imported chassis and engines from Chemnitz DKW and was licensed to cover them with a light plywood structure in imitation leather (HO-lz KA-rosserie).
But as from 1935, the bodywork was made out of metal, and Holka launched the Landi-DKW for the National Exhibition in 1939.
Despite the war turmoil, production was continued until 1945, and approx. 1650 Holkas were built in total.
The company that succeeded them, Bauwerk, still exists today.